Barcol Hardness Tester - Impressor
Qualitest’s Analog and Digital models are designed for accurate hardness measurement on fiber-glass glass-reinforced plastics, duro plastics, hard thermo plastics, aluminum, semi finished and finished products, according to the Barcol method. Available models include GYZJ series Analog Barcol Impressor Hardness Tester as well as HPE-II series Digital Barcol Hardness Testers.
The Barcol Impressor is a simple, portable hardness tester that is used by industrial and commercial customers. The Impressor has been a standard in the industry for testing raw material or field testing of final products, such as fiberglass panels, plastic extrusions, aluminum profiles, and related materials. Compliant with the National Fire Protection Association, NFPA1932, the Impressor is a proven device for field testing of fire ladders after being exposed to high temperatures.
- Aluminum Alloys
- Soft Metals
- Fire Department Ladders
- Composite Materials
- Rubber or Leather
- Portable: The Impressor is a convenient tool for testing the hardness of aluminum, aluminum alloys, copper, brass and other materials including plastics and fiberglass. The instrument is designed for use on fabricated parts and assemblies as well as on raw stock.
- Easy to use: No experience required; can be used in any position and in any space that will allow for the operator's hand. The hardness reading is instantly indicated on the dial, which is divided into one hundred graduations. No waiting, pre-loading or separate measurements.
- Light weight: The impressor weighs only 1 lb. 2 oz. and comes complete with carrying case, adjusting wrench and two spare indenter points, 2 lb. 8oz.
Four Barcol Hardness Tester (Impressor) Models Available:
- GYZJ 934-1 for soft metals such as aluminum and its alloys, brass, copper, and some of the harder plastics and fiberglass. Approximate range 25 to 150 Brinell (10 mm ball 500 kg load). This unit meets American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Standard D2583
- GYZJ 934-1-0-1 a variation of the 934-1 that has a "flat bottom" shaped support leg. This is used to sit on top of the crest the round rung of a ladder such as a fire department ladder.
- GYZJ 935 for the softer plastics and very soft metals.
- GYZJ 936 for extremely soft materials such as lead, linoleum and leather.
|Parts & Accessories:|
|GYZJ-250 Test Disk for the GYZJ-934-1, reads 87/89:|
|GYZJ-78 Test Disk for the GYZJ-934-1, reads 43-48:|
|GYZJ-69 Test Disk for the GYZJ-935, reads 87-89:|
|GYZJ-70 Test Disk for the GYZJ-936, reads 48-50:|
|GYZJ-xxx-100 Certified test disk (quantity of 5):|
|GYZJ-6-5 Replacement Indenter for the GYZJ-934-1 and GYZJ-935:|
|GYZJ-67 Replacement Indenter for the GYZJ-936:|
HPE II - Digital Barcol Hardness Tester
According to ASTM D 2583 and DIN EN 59 (Equivalent to model GYZJ-934-1 Barcol Impressor)
Ranges of Applications:
Hardness test according to Barcol on flat and easily benched samples such as:
- glass-reinforced plastics
- duro plastics
- hard thermo plastics
- semifinished and finished products
HPE II - Digital Barcol Hardness Tester:
- acc. to DIN EN 59, ASTM D 2583
- with case and calibration plate
- with serial interface and 9-poled PC cable
HPE II Barcol Hardness Tester with Optional Data Logger and Test Stand
With separate probe, memory, RS232 interface, statistics, and carrying case