ASTM D746, JIS-K 7216, ISO 812, and GB/T 15256
The Brittleness Point Temperature Tester - QT-BPT Series Brittleness Tester covers the determination of the temperature at which rubber, plastics and elastomers exhibit brittle failure under specified impact conditions. Samples to be housed in a thermostatic bath based on the reference standards ASTM D746, ISO 812, as well as and other international standards.
The cooling medium is dry ice and Nitrogen. The working temperature is from –70°C to +20°C. With this test method the test specimens are mounted onto cantilever grips and then immersed into the low temperature bath for 3 minutes (rubber), or 2.5 minutes (other materials).
The specimen is then struck with the tip of the hammers dart at a linear speed of 2 ± 0.2m/s at a lowest temperature of no occurrence of brittle failure. The sample is then checked for cracks, crevices, small holes and fragments.
- Temperature Range Room temperature to -70°C (-70°C to -120°C with liquid nitrogen)
- Temperature Resolution ±0.1°C
- Input Signal Pt 100
- Temperature Control Temperature controller, SSR and electric heater
- Cooling Method Compressor or liquid nitrogen
- Striking linear speed 2±0.2m/s
Size of Specimen
- Type I : 25-40mm (L) x 6±1mm (W) x 2.0±0.2mm (T)
- Type II : 31.35±0.1mm (L) x 2.5±0.1mm (W) [6.35±0.1mm (head width), 6.35±0.1mm long] x 2.0±0.2mm (T)
- Pilot Chute Size (WxDxH) 18 x 57 x 15 cm
- Dimension (WxDxH) 75 x 90 x 145 cm
- Weight (approx.) 330 kg
- Power 3 Ø , AC380V, 50/60Hz, 10A (Specified by user)