Buchholz Hardness Tester
For hardness measurement on coatings, varnishes, and lacquers
Buchholz hardness tester FL-2000 H is a Multi-purpose manual hardness tester for hardness determination on:
- coatings of lacquers and varnishes in compliance with DIN 53153, ISO 2815 and NFT 30-052
- foils and coated foils
- magnetic tapes
The hardness determination on above materials has been simplified and a high reliability is being achieved with the help of this new test method.
- The measuring results can be read from the display of the dial gauge after a test time of 30 seconds.
- The dial gauge is integrated in the instrument, so that the penetration depth can be measured and read directly in µm without the need of a conversion procedure.
- The dial gauge is equipped with a zero function.
- With the help of this function you can do a control-test which helps to find out the real penetration depth and the elasticity of the varnishes and coatings.
- By the reduction of the main load you can avoid measuring errors caused by elastic deformations and also if coating of the varnishes is pressed through.
- You can perform an easy, quick and good reproducible measurement under load with the help of this measuring system.
- You can find a table with the corresponding Buchholz-values on the back of the instrument.