Qualitest offers a full range of capillary rheometers that offers state-of-the art features and will meet the demands of a 24-hour a day shop floor operation while maintaining the highest possible level of accuracy, repeatability and sensitivity for R&D applications. Qualitest line of capillary rheometers is versatile and easy to use yet they offer the most sophisticated materials characterization, data analysis, and reporting capabilities. Our Capillary Rheometers are available with 10 or 25kN load cells, single or double barrel configuration and optional features to meet all the needs of QA and R&D in the industry.
The Capillary Rheometer - CR6000 is specially designed to determine the flow behavior and viscosity of high polymers, polymers, thermoplastics and elastomers. This single bore instrument will provide reliable data and a unique data point range for QA and R&D purposes.
The Capillary Rheometer - CR6000 offers ergonomic design, advanced features, high accuracy and a newly developed software with unparallel ease of operation and control of the test cycle. This cutting edge capillary rheometer is equipped with advanced high temperature and pressure transducers coupled with a high-end servo motor and state-of the-art operating software.
The key features of the Capillary Rheometer - CR6000 are all digital calibration, up to 50 shear stress or shear rate data points per test, data collection through CPU, 25 piston speeds or melt pressures can be preset in either the constant speed or constant pressure mode.
- All digital calibration
- Unique algorithm to determine the thermo-stability of high polymer
- Multiple barrel heating zonesdesigned to control the temperature accuracy and uniformity
- Precision servo-drive motor and transducers
- Adjust the temp. measuring areas of capillary’s inlet and outlet
- CPU controlled data collection
- Up to 50 shear stress or shear rate data points per test
- 25 piston speeds or melt pressures can be preset in either the constant speed or constant pressure mode
- Automatic data storage and presetting of the next value after stabilization of the test data
|Specification of the Capillary Rheometer - CR6000|
|Max. test capacity||10kN||25kN|
|Test speed||0.0005-20 mm/sec|
|Dynamic speed ratio||1:40,000|
|Max. testing temp.||400°C|
|Temp. control||PID control, resolution 0.1°C, error < ±0.5°C|
|Barrel option||Single barrel|
|Barrel dia.||12mm( 15 mm, 9.5mm（Optional)|
|Barrel length||200 mm, (Custom length available)|
|Software||CR-6000 specialized software|
|Test chamber||Electrical heating, easy to change barrel|
|Pressure transducer||Capacity||700 bar, 1000 bar, 1400 bar (Optional)||1400 bar, 2000 bar (Optional)|
|Material||Stainless steel; resistance to erosion, scrape, high temp.|
5/0.5 — L=5mm, D=0.5mm; 10/1 — L=10mm, D=1mm;
|(Select 2 sets)|
|Operating mode||“Constant speed” or “Constant pressure”|
|Power||110V / 60HZ；220V / 50HZ|
|Accessory||Cleaning kit (one set)|
|Dimension||64 x 64 x 165 cm (25.2” x 25.2” x 65”)|
Designed to meet the demands of a 24-hour-a-day shop floor operation whilst maintaining the highest possible level of accuracy, repeatability and sensitivity. the LCR series rheometers are versatile and easy to use yet they offer the most sophisticated materials characterization, data analysis and reporting capabilities. They are equally useful for routine quality assurance testing and for research, development and troubleshooting applications. Although primarily designed for polymers and rubbers, these instruments are also useful with a wide range of materials such as foodstuffs, pharmaceuticals, ceramics, bitumens, and other extrudable materials.
Features of the LCR 7000
- All digital calibration
- Piston speed of 0.03–600 mm/min (20,000:1 range)
- Up to 45 shear stress or shear rate data points per test
- Unique algorithms for polymer melt stability
- Multiple barrel heating zones
- Accurate and uniform heating up to 430°C (500°C optional)
- Precision servo-drive motor and transducers
- Tight control of stress and rate mode tests
- Laser micrometer for accurate measurements of die swell (optional)
- 230V mains operation (other options available)
- CE approved
The Capillary Rheometer - LCR 7000 is fitted as standard with a 10kN load cell, the Capillary Rheometer - LCR7001 has a 10kN load cell and a barrel-mounted 1,400 bar (20,000 psi nom) melt pressure transducer, and the Capillary Rheometer - LCR7002 is a dual barrel version with dual 1,400 bar melt pressure transducers. Many years of service are ensured through the use of tungsten carbide dies and a hardened and honed tool steel barrel.
LAB KARS advanced rheology software provides programming, control, analysis and data storage capability. It is extremely useful to be able to monitor the load on the piston and the pressure just above the die entrance as some materials can bridge or "freeze" under pressure - e.g. filler particles can lock up, and some materials can stress crystallize. This can lead to a full load on the piston which is not transmitted to the material where the pressure transducer is located.
Capillary Rheometer - LCR 7000/LCR 7002 Specification
- Barrel Length: 200 mm (7.88 in.) (LCR 7002 features dual barrel lengths)
- Barrel Diameter: 9.55 mm ±0.005 mm (0.3760 in. ±0.0002 in.) (LCR 7002 features dual barrel diameters)
- Barrel Capacity: approx 14ml
- Drive System: DC servo motor
- Piston Speed: 0.03 to 600 mm/min
- Dynamic Range: 20,000:1
- Apparent Shear Rate with a 1mm Diameter Die: 0.4 to 7,296 s-1
- Maximum Testing Force: 10 kN standard, 15 kN optional
- Force Measurement Method: LCR 7000: Load cell and barrel mounted pressure transducer supplied
- LCR 7002: Two barrel-mounted pressure transducers supplied
- Dies: Tungsten carbide capillary, many L/D ratios available
- Die Swell Measurement: Optional Laser Micrometer
- Temperature Range: 430°C standard
- Heating System: Multi-zone electric heater
- Temperature Measurement: Platinum RTD 4-wire system
- Temperature Control System: Adaptive PID temperature control algorithm 0.1°C resolution
- Temperature Control Accuracy: ±0.2°C at 13 mm
- Temperature Distribution in Test Area: <1% variation
- Power Supply: 120/230 VAC 50/60 Hz ±10%
- Power Consumption: 750 W maximum, 200 W typical
- Data Processing System: Personal computer based
- System Software: LAB KARS (Laboratory Advanced Rheology Software) For Windows™ Microsoft Excel based.
LAB KARS Features: Bagley and Rabinowitsch Corrections, Carreau, Modified Cross, Power Law and polynomial curve fits, Arrehnius Temperature fit, statistical error estimation, shear rate dependence, time at temperature relationship, critical shear stress, zero shear viscosity, intrinsic viscosity correlation
Capillary Rheometer - Twin Bore Capillary Rheometer R 6000 is a Laboratory grade twin bore capillary rheometer. The Capillary Rheometer - Twin Bore Capillary Rheometer R 6000 saves testing time by allowing you to get two results in one test cycle. The other advantage is that they can automatically calculate Bagley or other corrections, which translates into a truer measure of absolute viscosity Twin Bore Units can also be very useful in detecting slip- wall effects. High Slip at the wall may result from lubricants, pigments or other additives. Excessive slip can indicate the need to reduce additive levels, which will save formulation cost and improve processing.
Our new Capillary Rheometer - Twin Bore Capillary Rheometer R 6000 is an extremenly robust and reliable design based on an H-Frame construction rated at 250KN with force drive capacity of either 50KN or 100 KN and twin bores of 15mm diameter as standard. In conjunction with the software package it enables you to rapidly make high accuracy rheological measurements on a wide range of materials. Both shear and extensional properties of the specimens can be obtained, at rates representative of those encountered during normal processing, such as extrusion, injection moulding, blow moulding and film blowing. Ideally suitable for research, process development and quality control in the polymer, food, pharmaceutical, ceramics and many other industries.
- High quality instrumentation
- Robust, reliable design
- High throughput
- Low cost of ownership
- CE-approved safety features
- Wide range of optional equipment
- World-class analysis software
- Imatek support
The Capillary Rheometer - Twin Bore Capillary Rheometer R 6000 also offers a backlit LCD display showing machine operating status and barrel temperature and allowing for manual user input via a keypad and thumbwheel.
Standard options included:
- Die Swell (laser and video versions)
- Melt Strength
- PVT (Pressure vs Volume vs Temperature)
- Yield Stress
- Thermal Degradation
- Eta-zero (for highly degradable materials, used to extrapolate pre-degradation data)
- Model Fitting
CE approved safety features include interlocked guarding as protection from moving and high temperature parts, crosshead force transducer to protect against mechanical damage, motor over-current trip, emergency stop and fume extraction