Drop Dart Impact Tester - ASTM D1709
Series DX-8000 Dart Impact testers Full-Featured models for Film and Sheet - Made in USA
The Model DX-8285A Drop Dart Impact tester with Pneumatic Sample Clamp and Pneumatic Dart release Mechanism
We offer the Series DX-8000, a simple to use stand-alone, non-instrumented tester, for measuring impact resistance of film, sheet, and laminated materials.
Improved Film and Sheet Quality, Increased Profit Margins
The Series 8000 Dart Impact Tester is a proven tool for more closely controlling nominal and peak strength characteristics to speed your:
- Production and additives settings and adjustments
- Research and development of new film and sheet products
- Inspection of incoming film and sheet products
- In-process checks to ensure on-spec product for converting operations
Series DX-8000 Drop Dart Impact Tester Advantages
- Meets ASTM
- Meets specifications of ASTM 01709 Methods A & B Standard Test Method for Free Falling Dart Impact Testing of Plastic Film.
Advanced Technical Features in Each Drop Dart Impact Tester Model
- Easy, Manual or Pneumatic-assisted Operation
- Two versions of operation available: Operate as a manual system or with pneumatic-assist for dart release and film/sheet sample clamping. Pneumatic clamping and dart release is useful for laboratories with higher volume sampling requirements.
- Expandable; Flexible Operation for Method A & B Testing
- Portable and expandable with models for Method A testing, or Method A & B combination testing.
- Extensions and custom dart stems & weights available for testing to your in-house developed requirements.
- Affordable Best of all, the series DX-8000 is economically priced.
Specifications of Drop Dart Impact Tester
|Mode of operation||Off-line testing / lab use||Off-line testing / lab use||Off-line testing / lab use||Off-line testing / lab use|
|Materials||All sheet materials||All sheet materials||All sheet materials||All sheet materials|
|Test Method Drop Height||Method A 26 inch (66 cm)||Method A 26 inch (66 cm)||Method A & B 26 inch (66 cm) and 60 inch (152 cm)||Method A & B 26 inch (66 cm) and 60 inch (152 cm)|
|Dart Release Mechanism||Manual - Thumb Screw||Pneumatic||Manual - Thumb Screw||Pneumatic|
|Sample Clamp Mechanism||Manual - Toggle Clamp||Pneumatic||Manual - Toggle Clamp||Pneumatic|
|Dart Sets Included||Method A (412 gram)||Method A (412 gram)||Method A & B (412 gram and 1310 gram)||Method A & B (412 gram and 1310 gram)|
|Dart Head Material Provided||Phenolic||Phenolic||Phenolic (Method A) Stainless (Method B)||Phenolic (Method A) Stainless (Method B)|
|Air Requirements||None||60 psi Dry & Filtered||None||60 psi Dry & Filtered|
|Overall Height||48 inch||48 inch||80 inch||80 inch|
|Weight||55 lb||55 lb||65 lb||65 lb|
Maintain or Upgrade your Existing Dart Drop Tester with Darts, Weights, and Accessories
Options and Accessories
- Extensions, Custom Dart Stems, Custom Weights are available
- Modifications or Spare Parts for other manufacturers' falling dart impact testers
- Standard or custom systems to meet specific needs