Bench Top Universal Testing Machine
ESM301 Programmable Test Stand With PC Control
The bench top Universal Testing Machine - ESM301 is a highly configurable motorized test stand for tension and compression testing applications up to 300 lb (1.5 kN). The stand can be controlled from the front panel or via a computer and is fully compatible with NexygenTM TCD software. The ESM301 is engineered on a unique modular platform, allowing for "build-your-own" configurability. Features can be ordered individually at time of order or activated in the field. Integrated travel indication, overload protection, and a host of programmable parameters makes the ESM301 quite sophisticated, while its intuitive menu structure allows for quick, simple setup and operation. The bench top Universal Testing Machine password can be programmed to prevent unauthorized changes. With a rugged and modular design, the ESM301 is a compelling solution for applications in laboratory and production environments.
Standard Features for the Bench Top Universal Testing Machine
- Selectable speed units of measurement (in/min & mm/min)
- LCD display with UP, DOWN, STOP, and emergency stop buttons and soft keys
- Password protection of test parameters, to prevent unauthorized changes
- Integrated travel limit switches
- Removable fixture mounting plate with matrix of threaded holes
- Stepper motor-driven, produces 0% speed variation with load
- Mounting holes for bench mounting
- Unique mechanical design significantly reduces column bending
Hardware Options for the Bench Top Universal Testing Machine
- A wide range of force gauges and gripping fixtures
- Multi-function cable, BG gauge to controller
Connects a Series BG force gauge to the controller. This single cable is used to transmit set points, overload signals, and force data.
- Serial cable, controller to PC
Sends force and travel data on a single cable via RS-232 to a PC.
- RS-232 to USB adapter
Converts RS-232 to USB output. Includes USB cable and installation CD.
- Bench mounting kit
Facilitates safe mounting to a work bench. Consists of a set of mounting adapters, and four sets of hardware with Allen key to accommodate surfaces of various thickness.
- Column extensions
Available in 6", 12", 24", and custom lengths
- Competitor force gauge mounting kits
Optional Controller Features for the Bench Top Universal Testing Machine
- Computer Control
A bi-directional RS-232 port is provided to interface with a PC. Users can write their own custom program or control the stand via a PC using NexygenTM TCD software.
The following are required with PC control:
- 09-1056 serial cable (see below)
- 09-1143 multi-function cable (see below)
- ESM301-001 integrated travel indication (see below)
- EF011 programmable travel set points (see below)
- Travel Indication
Travel is indicated on the front panel, and an RS-232 port is supplied. Position indication is provided via an internal linear scale, producing significantly higher accuracy than with conventional rotary encoder-based designs. Backlash and nonlinearity are virtually eliminated. Resolution is
- Programmable Travel Limits
The ESM301 can stop at or cycle between programmable upper and lower travel distances. Requires ESM301-001 travel indication option.
- Overload Protection
Protects a force gauge against overload (requires a Series BG force gauge and 09-1143 multi-function cable). The user programs the desired percentage of full scale of the gauge. Adjustable analog output voltage setting allows the ESM301 to interface with virtually any force gauge with analog output.
The crosshead moves to a limit switch, force (requires a Series BG force gauge and 09-1143 cable), or travel position (requires EF011 programmable travel limits), stops, and reverses direction at full speed to the other limit switch, force, or travel position.
- Cycling / Dwell Time
Same as Auto-return, but with the ability to program the number of cycles up to 99,999 cycles. Dwell time allows the operator to program the length of time, up to 9,999.9 seconds, in 0.1 second intervals, for which the crosshead pauses between cycles. Independent up and down speeds may be programmed (requires EF013).
Any of the below option packages may be purchased at time of order or may be enabled in the field at a later date though a simple activation process.
- Programmable Button Functions
Expands UP and DOWN button operation to three user-configurable modes:
1. Maintained (standard): short push produces continuous motion until STOP is pressed
2. Momentary: crosshead moves only while the button is pressed
3. Auto: short push produces maintained motion, while holding the button down will produce momentary motion
- Independent Up and Down Speeds
Configurable speeds for up and down directions
- Low Speed Extended Range
Extends the speed range to 0.02 - 13 in/min (0.5 - 330 mm/min)
- High Speed Extended Range
Extends the speed range to 0.5 - 45 in/min (13 - 1100 mm/min)
Bench Top Universal Testing Machine with Programmable Test Stand With PC Control - ESM301
- Load capacity:
300 lb (1.5 kN) @ up to 24 in/min (610 mm/min)
200 lb (1 kN) @ >24 in/min (610 mm/min)
- Standard speed range: 0.5 - 13 in/min (13 - 330 mm/min)
- Maximum travel: 11.5 in (292 mm)
- Speed setting accuracy: ±0.2%
- Speed variation with load: ±0% (stepper motor driven)
- Limit switch repeatability: 0.001 in (0.03 mm)
- Travel accuracy: ±0.002 in (0.05 mm)
- Travel repeatability: 0.001 in (0.02 mm)
- Travel resolution: 0.001 in / 0.02 mm
- Power: Universal input 80-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Weight: 34 lb (15.4 kg)
- Warranty: 3 years (see individual statement for further details)
|Model/Part No.||Description||US Price|
|ESM301||Motorized test stand, 110 V||$2,625.00|
|ESM301E||Motorized test stand, 220 V||$2,625.00|
|ESM301-002-1||Column extension, 6"||$195.00|
|ESM301-002-2||Column extension, 12"||$220.00|
|ESM301-002-3||Column extension, 24"||$245.00|
|ESM301-003||Bench mounting kit||$85.00|
|09-1143*||Multi-function cable, gauge to ESM301*||$135.00|
|09-1056*||Serial cable, ESM301 to PC*||$40.00|
|RSU100||Communication adapter, RS-232 to USB||$125.00|
|ESM301-001**||Integrated travel indication with RS-232 output**||$750.00|
|ESM301-001-RETRO**||ESM301-001 installed as a retrofit**||$950.00|
|EF010***||Computer control via RS-232***||$950.00|
|EF011****||Programmable travel set points****||$550.00|
|EF012||Integrated overload protection||$250.00|
|EF014||Cycling / dwell time||$250.00|
|EF015||Button operation package||$150.00|
|EF016||Independent up and down speeds||$150.00|
|EF017||Extended speed range, low||$175.00|
|EF018||Extended speed range, high||$175.00|
* If force data output is required, both the 09-1143 and 09-1056 cables are required.
** Factory installation only
*** Requires a Series BG force gauge (more info), 09-1056 serial cable, 09-1143 multi-function cable, ESM301-001 integrated travel indication, and EF011 programmable travel set points
**** Requires ESM301-001 integrated travel indication option
The ESM301 is supplied with a small hook, medium hook, 2" diameter compression plate, extension rod, and #10-32 coupler.
For further information or to place an order for the Qualitest's Bench Top Universal Testing Machine - Programmable Test Stand With PC Control model ESM301, please CLICK HERE, call us Toll-Free at: 1.877.884.TEST, or click on the "HOW TO ORDER" Button.