Qualitest covers a complete and competitive range of Fogging testers.
Fogging Tester - EB-03
ISO 6452 and ASTM D5393
Fogging tester is used to determine the windscreen fogging according to ISO, DIN, ASTM and other automotive standards. The equipment has a compact design with the heating bath and cooling bath integrated in one casing. For cooling the water bath, the instrument is normally connected to tap water of max 18 °C. If the tap water is too warm, a model EB 03C can be supplied with a built in cooling system with Peltier elements.
Features for the Fogging Tester - EB-03
- The equipment consists of a heating bath and a water bath, built as one unit.
- Meets the requirements for fogging tests, according to ISO 6452 and ASTM D5393 and other automotive standards
- The baths are made of stainless steel and the casing of painted steel. The paint is a powder paint.
- The water cooling can be replaced by an electrical cooling system with Peltier elements.(EB 03C)
- Temperature sensor in the cooling water return.
|Technical Specifications for Fogging Tester - EB-03|
|Heating Bath:||± 0.5°C|
|Cooling Bath:||± 0.5°C|
|EB03||approx. 57kg (125lbs)|
|EB03C||approx. 67kg (147lbs)|
|EB03||cooling water, 0.1-1.0 L/min (max 18°C)|
Fogging Tester - FT-F1
ISO 6452, DIN 75201, SAE J1756, QB/T 2728, BS EN 14288, PV 3920, PV 3015, ES-X83231, NES M0161, D45 1727, GM 9305P, TSM 0503G
Fogging Tester - FT-F1 is professionally applicable to the fogging characteristics evaluation of volatile constituents of decorating materials used in cars and aircrafts, e.g. plastic articles, polyurethane, textiles, leather, adhesives, non-woven and thermal forming elastomers at high temperature conditions. It also could be used for the fogging phenomenon test of front high intensity discharge (HID) lamps of cars.
The preconditioned specimen is heated and evaporates in the beaker; the volatile constituents condense on the glass plate or aluminum foil treated in cooling chamber. Take off the glass plate or aluminum foil when the condensation process is finished. The fogging characteristics could be obtained by measuring condensed constituent weight and fogging value on the glass plate or aluminum foil and comparing with the data before condensation process.
Three Test Methods
- Gloss Method: - the specimen is heated in the beaker and its volatile constituents are condensed on the cooling glass plate. The fogging value could be obtained by calculating and comparing the gloss values occurred before and after condensation process.
- Fogging Method: - the specimen is heated in the beaker and its volatile constituents are condensed on the cooling glass plate. The fogging value of the specimen could be obtained by calculating and comparing the fogging values occurred before and after condensation process.
- Weighing Method: - the specimen is heated in the beaker and its volatile constituents are condensed on the cooling aluminum foil. The fogging value---the weight of condensed constituents could be obtained by analyzing the weight changes of aluminum foil occurred before and after condensation process.
The instrument mainly consists of constant high-temperature bath, constant low-temperature bath, cooling plate, beaker, glass plate, meter, sample cutter and other accessories, through which it can perform the processes of sampling, heating, condensation and test.
Prepare specimens-switch on high and low temperature baths-clean beakers and glass plates--place specimens-place glass plate or aluminum foil-place cooling chamber-perform test for a specified period of time-take off glass plate or aluminum foil and place certain time-measure the gloss value, fogging value of glass plate or weight value of aluminum foil-compare the data and obtain test results.
- Wide range and high precision of temperature control device to support the combinations of non-standard test conditions.
- 6 test stations can perform specimen test or blank test simultaneously.
- This instrument ensures accurate and reliable test data through stable running condition.
This instrument is applicable to the determination of:
- Decorating Articles of Cars - Test the volatility of car decorating articles, e.g. instrument boards, knobs, seat cushions, floor leather and ceiling materials at high temperature.
- Plastic Particles - Test the volatility of plastic particles at high temperature.
- Carpets - Test the volatility of carpets at high temperature.
- Leather - Test the volatility of leather at high temperature.
- Sponge, Rubber and EPE Thermal Insulation Materials - Test the volatility of sponge, rubber and EPE thermal insulation materials at high temperature.
- High Intensity Discharge Lamps - For the fogging test of front high intensity discharge lamps of cars.
- Adhesive Products - Test the volatility of adhesive products at high temperature.
|Technical Specifications for Fogging Tester - FT-F1|
|Temperature Range of High-Temperature Bath||Room temperature - 150°C (room temperature - 280°C is optional)|
|Temperature Range of Low-Temperature Bath||0 - 100°C|
|Size of High-Temperature Bath||670 mm(L) x 490 mm(W) x 540 mm(H)|
|Size of Low-Temperature Bath||400 mm(L) x 220 mm(W) x 520 mm(H)|
|Net Weight of High-Temperature Bath||32 kg (except the weight of heat conduction)|
|Net Weight of Low-Temperature Bath||15 kg (except the weight of heat conduction)|
|Power||AC 220V 50Hz|
|Configuration||Standard: Mainframe, Constant Temperature Control Device, Gloss Meter, Sample Clamp Ring, Beaker, Fluorine Rubber O-ring, Rubber Fixing Ring, Rectangular Glass Plate, Round Glass Plate, Aluminum Foil, Round Sample Cutter of Aluminum Foil, Lid, Stand of Glass Plate, Round Sample Cutter, Heating Fluid, DOP and Accessory Stand|
Optional: Fogging Meter, Analytical Balance(0.01mg), Beaker, Fluorine Rubber O-ring, Rectangular Glass Plate, Round Glass Plate, Aluminum Foil, Round Sample Cutter of Aluminum Foil, Stand of Glass Plate, Heating Fluid, DIDP and DOP