Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen strongly influence the properties of metals (like steel, titanium, copper) which makes a reliable and precise measurement of these elements an important part of the quality control process.
QT-ONH-3000 Oxygen/Nitrogen/Hydrogen Analyzer is a new and advanced product. It is used for oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen determination in ferrous and non-ferrous metals, rare earth materials, alloy, and some other inorganic
Pulse heating inert gas fusion method
- (Oxygen): NDIR (Non Dispersive Infrared absorption);
- N/H (Nitrogen/Hydrogen): TCD (Thermal Conductivity Detection).
A graphite crucible is placed on the holder and the impulse furnace is closed by the pneumatic system. The sample of typically 1g is dropped into the loading mechanism after weighing. The outgassing phase starts the analysis cycle to clean the furnace from Oxygen and Nitrogen out of the air. The sample loading mechanism release the sample into the now cleaned crucible. The oxygen content of the sample react with the Carbon from the graphite crucible to CO and the Nitrogen content to elemental N2 gas at temperatures of about 2200°C. Both gases were transported by the Helium carrier gas to the oxidation furnace where Copper Oxide converts the CO to CO2. This CO2 concentration is analysed by an infrared absorption detector and the Oxygen concentration is calculated. The Nitrogen is analysed afterwards by a thermal conductivity detector.
- Parameters of outgassing, analyzing, flux etc. can be setup according to the sample characteristic.
- Analyzing method with parameters and calibration curve can be established separately according to different samples and can be stored into the database.
- Cooling water temperature feedback and display
- Voltage and current of the furnace feedback and display
- Catalyst heaters temperature feedback and display
- Valves action feedback and display
- IR baseline and TCD baseline adjustment and display
- Furnace adjustment
- Analyzing results can be display quickly
- Data can be stored into the disk automatically after analyzing
- Releasing plot is drawn dynamically
- Sample mass can be transfer from balance into computer automatically
- Analyzing results are calculated by the calibration curve either in high content channel or in low content
- Channel according to sample content, the selection will be done by software automatically
- ACCESS is used as database to manage and store the data.
- Inquiring, statistic, printing can be done.
- Data can be sorted by date or name.
- Releasing plots can be analyzed.
Low Oxygen: 0.0001% - 0.5%; High Oxygen: 0.5% - 20%
Low Nitrogen: 0.0001% - 0.5%; High Nitrogen: 0.5% - 50%
Low Hydrogen: 0.1ppm-50ppm; High Hydrogen: 20ppm-1000ppm
O, N, H
1ppm or 1%
0.2ppm or 2%
Approx. 3 min
High purity helium
High purity nitrogen
Nitrogen or compressed air
Solid state Infrared detector
2 IR cells are installed in the analyzer.
The length of each cell can be customized according to the content of samples
Anti-oxide, stable IR emitter
Keep constant temperature in the whole infrared unit to make sure the temperature of detected gas to be stable and the results to be accurate
Infrared emitter and the detector are separated from the ambient by nitrogen, which can improve the stability and the accuracy
Thermo-Conductivity (TCD) Detecting Unit
Anti-oxide NTC thermistor
Small current control technique is developed to make sure the thermistors can be used without carrier gas
Reference Gas Circuit
Low flow control technique is used
Gas flow control
High sensitive and accurate electric flow control technique based on the low pressure difference is applied, and Anti-Overshoot System is applied
Pulse Heating Electrode Furnace
Power: Max.7.5KVA, Temperature: Max.3000℃
1. Fast calibration
2. Normal calibration
220VAC 10%, 50/60Hz, current max. 50A (Max.10KW)
Content: O: 88ppm: N: 32ppm: H5.8ppm