The BRB-900A was designed to measure the undesired static adhesion which can exist between layers of certain types of plastic films. The tester utilizes a compact mechanical balancing system that incrementally adds weight equivalent to 90 ml per minute of water. Through use of this system, the BRB is able to increase the precision and speed of blocking tests and meets or exceeds all conditions specified by ASTM D3354. The Tester features a magnetic clamp to securely hold the sample in place, eliminating the need for tape. The force required for separation is shown in tenths of a gram on an onboard display. All variables are monitored electronically to maximize accuracy and repeatability.
- Meets ASTM D3354 "Blocking Load by Parallel Plate Method, Procedure A"
- Electronically measures the unwanted static adhesion between sheets of film
- Increased speed, accuracy and ease of use versus traditional balance-water method.
- Range 10 - 210 gram test loads
- Platen Size 10.16 by 10.16 cm (4.0 by 4.0 in.)
- Display Resolution 0.1 g
- Separation Rate Equivalent to 90 ml of water
- Separation Measurement LED, accurate to 0.25 mm (0.001 in.)
- Separation Distance 1.905 cm (0.75 in.)
- Operating Temperature -30 deg. C (-22 deg. F) to ambient with use of cold chamber (not supplied)
- Unit Voltage 110/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Weight 18 kg (40 lbs.)
- Size (H x W x D) 33 x 15 x 44 cm (13 x 6 x 17 in.)