Shrinkage Cone - Cement and Concrete shrinkage and expansion tester
The Shrinkage cone is designed with a double wall metal vessel for easy heating and cooling using an external liquid temperature control unit. A laser beam measures the very early shrinkage and expansion of building materials, cement and concrete: touch free and with 1 micron resolution.
With the patented innovation of the Shrinkage Cone deltaEL it is possible to measure the shrinkage or expansion of fluid building materials in the first minutes and hours after start of mixing. The expansion of the building material is registered touch-free and very exact by a laser beam. There is no mechanical coupling between the fluid and the sensor.
To ensure that the measured distance correlates with the relative length change of the material we use a specially designed specimen container.
The length change is registered with a resolution of 1/10 micron and the measurement values are digitized and stored by the software delivered with the system. Synchronous with the length change, temperature, rel. humidity may be stored by the software.
- Fill the fluid building material (2) into the cone formed specimen container (1)
- The container is set under the laser unit (3), which is mounted on a high performance boom stand.
- With a rack and pinion the distance is preset to about . 0 µm .
- The automatic offset adjust is done by a mouse click on your PC (5).
- An autonomous data logger will register your data for several weeks on an integrated CF-card memory
- The data-logger has a network interface. You can easily readout the data, with any browser software like Internet-Explorer or Firefox
Under the prerequisite of an isotropic shrinkage (expansion) the radius r and height h of a cone shrink (expand) the same percentage, h’ = k * h and r’ = k * r (k for example 80%).
A cylindrical shape does not work.
For a angle of 60° the Volume V = 1/9 * pi * h3 . With h = 100mm V = 349 cm3
The following graphic shows different cements, with different fineness.
|Measurement Range||5 mm|
|Basic Distance||25 mm|
|Diameter of Laser Spot||0,8 mm|
|Volume cone vessel||349 cm³|
|Laser Power||1 mW at 675 nm Class 2|
Other measurement ranges also available, larger cone for concrete testing available. Recomended computer for readout the data logger: IBM-PC, one Ethernet port, Win 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS. Technical data maybe changed without notification, DBPa registered.
For further information or to place an order for the Shrinkage Cone - Cement and Concrete shrinkage and expansion tester CLICK HERE, call us Toll-Free at: 1.877.884.TEST, or click on the "HOW TO ORDER" Button