The Weld Seam Testing Machine, Model 138, is a deep-draw testing machine designed for the determination of the properties of weld seams of Tailored Blanks.
In the cupping test, usually applied for the judgement of Tailored Blanks, a piston with a spherical punch is driven into the weld seam until a crack occurs in the weld seam or in the adjacent sheets on both sides. The result of this test is a statement on the mechanical stability under load of the welded sheets (weld seam).
"Blanks" are metal sheets that come directly from the steel roll and are cut according to a pattern. They are a so-called “reach-me-down” product.
"Tailored Blanks", however, are “made-tomeasure”. The thickness of each individual blank is different depending on the places where the forces may later be exerted. In addition, such a piece of sheet metal can consist of several different, laser welded steels, even partially of aluminium.
The Weld Seam Testing Machine, Model 138, is a special version of our Universal Sheet Metal Testing Machine, Model 142-20. The machine is provided with a drawing force of max. 200 kN.
The four-column frame with integrated test tool, allows the test of sheets up to 300 mm wide.
The infinitely variable blank holder force can be read on a pressure gauge whilst the deepdrawing index is displayed digitally.
The sensitivity of the integrated crack detector can be adjusted to the sheet metal quality by way of a potentiometer. After specimen failure the machine returns automatically to its initial position.
Cupping Test is in accordance with
|ISO 8490||JIS Z-7729|
|EN 14-58||UNI 3037|
|EN 14-67||UNE 7080|
|EN ISO 20482||GOST 10 510|
|BS 38 55||ICONTEC 21|
|NF A 03-602||SIS 11 26 35|
|NF A 03-652||SABS 0132-197|
|ASTM 643-84||GB 4156-84|
There are important reasons for using the Weld Seam Testing Machine, Model 138, for quality assurance and research
- Lowering of manufacturing costs by making spot checks on the drawing quality of cold rolled sheet during production or in the process department.
- Sorting out of material of lower quality arriving at the Goods Inwards Department. Without special test preparations it is immediately possible to establish if the material supplied has the prescribed drawing quality.
- Determining the most appropriate sheet thickness for a particular drawn workpiece to optimise the ratio of price to suitability for the manufacturing process.
- Four-column frame with test cylinder
- Indication of blank holder force by pressure gauge
- Blank holder force regulator
- Drawing speed regulator
- Main and emergency OFF switch
- Digital display of the crack delay
- Digital display of drawing punch stroke
- Operating controls
Data logger for recording the measurements such as drawing force and stroke by time; the connection is made by a USB port to an external PC (to be supplied by the user). The software included in the scope of supply runs under WIN 2000/XP. The system consists of measuring transducer for drawing force and analogue output for the stroke as well as the corresponding interfaces, A/D converter module. (Available upon request; this requires an extension of functions of the basic machine.)
Test Tools for the Cupping Test according to EN ISO 20482:
- Cupping Test Tool No. 27, for strips more than 90 mm wide and 0.1 - 2.0 mm thick, consisting of ball punch, die and sheet holder ring (included in scope of supply).
- Cupping Test Tool No. 40, for strips more than 90 mm wide and 2.0 - 3.0 mm thick, consisting of ball punch, die and sheet holder ring.
|Technical Specifications for Sheet Metal Testing - Weld Seam Testing Machine - Model 138|
|Net weight||approx. 600 kg|
|Drawing force||max. 200 kN|
|Drawing speed||max. 350 mm/min|
|Specimen width||max. 300 mm|
|Blank holder force||max. 34 kN|
|Engine performance||2.2 kW|
|Main supply||230 V or 400 V, 50 Hz|
|Ordering Information for Sheet Metal Testing - Weld Seam Testing Machine - Model 138|
|0270.01.31||Electro-hydraulically driven Weld Seam Testing Machine, Model 138|
Standard comes with:
|0792.01.32||Datalogger for recording the measurements such as drawing force and stroke by time (optional)|
|0067.01.32||Cupping Test Tool No. 40 according to EN ISO 20482|
|0004.01.32||Cupping Test Tool No. 27 according to EN ISO 20482 (Spare part)|